For the Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Glaze & Garnish
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup minced cilantro leaves, to garnish
- Extra lime wedges, to serve
When ready to cook, preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine wings, olive oil, Tajin, and toss until the chicken is completely coated in the mixture. (Note! This step can be done up to 4 hours before grilling – the longer the wings marinate in the Tajín mixture, the better.)
- Transfer the wings to the grill, placing directly on the grill grates in a single layer. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden on the outside and cooked through on the inside (and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, combine maple, lime, and Tajín in a large bowl and mix well. When the chicken wings are done, immediately transfer them to the maple glaze bowl and toss well to coat entirely in glaze.
- Transfer chicken wings to a serving platter and sprinkle over the cilantro. Serve immediately with extra lime wedges.