- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds) skin removed.
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3-cup limejuice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
1. In a large glass-baking dish, season chicken generously with TAJÍN® on both sides. Sprinkle on the cilantro and orange zest. Next, layer the onion slices on top of the cilantro as evenly as possible, then pour the lemon and lime juices over the chicken. Drizzle the oil over the chicken and cover the dish with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours, turning the chicken after about 2 hours.
2. Set an outdoor grill to medium heat or preheat an indoor grill pan over medium heat. Toss the chicken in the marinade once more to make sure the oil is incorporated—this will not only help your chicken to crisp up beautifully, but it will also prevent it from sticking to your grill.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the grill with the onion slices and a few orange wedges if you like. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
4. Remove it from the heat to a platter and serve.