- 2 cups Kashi® GOLEAN® cereal
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds (dry roasted preferred) chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, roasted (dry roasted preferred)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut meat
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped small
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Optional: Toast oats in 350 degree F° for about 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Combine cereal, oats, nuts, fruit, seeds, Tajín and coconut in a large bowl.
- Heat peanut butter and honey in a sauce pan until warm. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture.
- Mix well while peanut butter is still warm.
- Taste. Add more Tajín if desired.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Store in refrigerator in air tight container with layers separated by waxed paper for up to 2 weeks.
Optional: Add 1 cup mini chocolate chips to the cereal mixture.