Steak & Veggies
- 1 X 1 ½-inch thick NY Strip (striploin) steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 orange bell pepper, julienned
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Tajín-Spiked Sour Cream
When ready to cook, preheat a grill over medium-high heat.
- Massage the steak with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of Tajín, making sure that the beef is completely coated in mixture. Place the steak on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature of the beef reaches 135ºF for a medium-done steak (cook longer if you prefer your steak more well done). Transfer to a board to rest for at least 5 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, toss your red onion, sliced bell peppers, and jalapeno with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper. Grill until charred on all sides, about 4-5 minutes.
- Next, make the Tajín-Spiked Sour Cream. Combine sour cream, lime, Tajín, and a small pinch of sea salt, and mix well. Done. Set aside.
- When the steak has rested, slice into very thin strips. Build your fajita board with your beautifully grilled steak and veggies, spiked-sour cream, avocado, lime, and flour tortillas and serve immediately.