- 3 tbsp. butter
- 6 tbsp. wheat flour
- 1 cup fresh milk
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced
- 1 cup desalted and shredded cod
- ½ tsp. salt
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ tbsp. Tajín® Clásico Seasoning
- 1 cup Panko
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Tajín® Mild Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Corn Oil
- MayoTajín: In a container, add mayonnaise with Tajín® Mild Hot Sauce, crushed garlic and olive oil. Mix ingredients well and leave in the refrigerator until serving time.
- Croquettes: In a medium saucepan add butter and melt. Add wheat flour and milk little by little. Cook and stir until it forms a doughy mixture. Add parsley, codfish, salt to taste and a pinch of nutmeg. Let it cool and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Scoop mixture with a spoon and create ovals with your hands.
- In a medium container, add wheat flour with half a tablespoon of Tajín® Clásico Seasoning and mix well.
- Coat the ovals by rolling them through the wheat flour and Tajín® Clásico Seasoning mix, then dip in beaten eggs, and finally roll them through Panko. Repeat the procedure with each oval.
- Fry until golden brown and serve with the MayoTajín.