- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 1-inch, peeled and grated
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped small
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
Orange Blueberry Slaw Ingredients
- Cook onions until soft. Add garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Combine turkey, cooked onions, and remaining ingredients.
- Shape turkey mixture into 8 burger patties. The patties will be fragile so handle them carefully to avoid having them fall apart.
- Cook burgers in a pan or on a flat griddle over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes per side. (Internal temperature should reach 165ºF)
- >Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, honey and Tajín. Set aside.
- Combine cabbage, onion, blueberries and oranges. Toss with Tajín dressing.
- Place a patty on a hamburger bun and top with a generous portion of the slaw.