Chef Claudia Sandoval
Discover all of our delectable recipes
Instapot Picadillo Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Serving for: 4
4 medium Bell Peppers
1 lb. ground turkey meat
¼ cup chopped onion
¼ frozen corn
4 oz. tomato sauce
1 tablespoon TAJÍN®
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup water
4 oz. queso fresco
1. Begin by cutting tops off of Bell Peppers. Remove stems from tops and dice tops only. Clean out seeds and remove white membranes from bell pepper bottoms. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add ground turkey and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add onion and season with TAJÍN®. Cook for an additional 2 minutes until turkey is nearly completely cooked through.
3. Lastly, add in diced bell pepper tops, tomato sauce, and corn. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Place steamer trivet in InstaPot and add one cup of water to InstaPot. Place all four bell pepper bottoms on trivet and fill with turkey picadillo.
5. Cover and Set InstaPot to “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” for 8 minutes.
6. After the cooking cycle finishes allow the cooker to release pressure on its own until the pressure valve drops. Release any remaining pressure by turning the manual release knob. Open the lid, and remove bell peppers carefully.
7. Serve by sprinkling with Queso Fresco and extra TAJÍN®.